What is TCM?
Chinese Medicine is an ancient system of healing based on these principles:
- There is a subtle energy called Qi, (pronounced “Chee”) that circulates through 14 major energy channels (called meridians) of the body.
- Qi (the presence of which separates the living from the dead) is the vital energy force whose balanced, unimpeded flow is critical to having a healthy and energetic body.
- Any blockage or imbalance in the flow of Qi may result in organ dysfunction, ill health, or pain.By stimulating the correct points along the course of the meridians, the acupuncturist helps to restore the proper balance and flow of Qi. This way the body and its organ systems have the optimal opportunity to maintain vibrant health.
- By restoring balance and harmony, Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine create a strong support system so disease does not have the opportunity to become established in the body.
- The result of routine Chinese Medicine treatment is a strong, resilient body with calm, balanced energy.